The World Class Technical Committee shall interpret the Class Hull and Sail Specifications [Class Rules] and shall propose to the Annual Meeting any advisable alterations or additions to the Specifications [Class Rules]. When requested in writing, the World Class Technical Committee shall make a technical ruling on a question that cannot be resolved within a particular Fleet.
Three or more World Class Technical Committee members shall be appointed. No two appointed members of the World Class Technical Committee may come from the same Fleet. One of these members shall be designated as the World Class Technical Committee Chair, the other two or more members shall be considered at-large members of the Technical Committee.
In October 2017, the committee was given the following assignments:
- The Technical Committee will issue a report to the Executive Committee quarterly at the November, February, May and August meetings.
- The Technical Committee shall work with the Class Measurers to implement the issuance of measurement certificates for IODs currently racing.
- The Technical Committee will work with the Newsletter Editor and Communications Director to keep the WCA posted of any changes to the Class Rules or other rulings by the Technical Committee.
- The Technical Committee will review the Class Rules and make any recommendations for changes prior to the Executive Committee’s last meeting of the calendar year.
* email addresses are visible only after logging into your membership account. Login window can be found below.