Two or more Class Measurers shall be appointed. Class measurers shall be responsible for inspecting each newly-built IOD, or rebuilt IOD to ensure that the yacht complies with the WCA specifications as set out in the [Class Rules].
- The Class Measurers will develop a plan for issuing measurement certificates for IODs currently racing.
- The Class Measurer’s shall work with the Technical Committee on this endeavor.
- The Class Measurer’s shall work with approved builders to certify newly built IODs comply with the Class Rules.
- The Class Historian will work with the Communications Committee to maintain the Class Registry.
- The Class historian will serve on the Hall of Fame Committee.
- The Class Historian will serve as a resource for members interested in the history of the class.
The Newsletter Editor shall be responsible for the creation of a periodic newsletter communication to the WCA membership.
- The Newsletter Editor shall work to improve the public image of the Class and to distribute news to Class members, including:
- A website content review/update.
- Recommitment of fleet communications contacts.
- The Newsletter Editor shall be supported by the Communications Committee.
World Sailing Representative
- The World Sailing Representative shall:
- Assure that World Sailing has up-to-date information on the IOD Class.
- Report attendance at the IOD World Championship, results, class membership and accurate boat roster for World Sailing website.
- Attend the World Sailing Annual Conference and represent the IOD Class on the WS Classes Committee.
- Report to the President and the Executive Committee on actions taken at WSAC that will impact the IOD Class.
- Maintain relationships with WS staff and committee members who have the ability to enhance the IOD Class.
* email addresses are visible only after logging into your membership account. Login window can be found below.